Volume 16, Issue 11
Week of March 18, 2013
In This Issue
Feature: Smartphone OS’s: The Inventors Lose Control
- Changing Business Models
- Three Major Trends
Quotes of the Week
- Suntech: The Elephant in the Pool
- Smartphone Market Share by Maker
In Case You Missed It…
Members Making News
Here is an interesting question, which we’ll pose as an SNS Quiz:
Q: What is the most valuable asset in the world?
- All the gold in Fort Knox.
- Manhattan Island.
- An oil well. OK, a thousand oil wells.
- A natural-gas drilling company.
- A casino in Macau.
- High political office in China, the kind that brought just-retired Wen Jiabao’s family almost $2B in wealth.
- The world’s leading smartphone operating system.