Volume 15, Issue 25
Week of June 25, 2012
In This Issue
Special Letter: Caregiving at The Crossroads
- The Current Situation
- Hidden Costs to Caregivers, and Their Effect on the System
- Today’s State of the Technology
- Introducing “Beyond Telecare” – Technology-Enabled Independent Living
- A Proven Case Study Worth Replicating
- The Critical Importance of a Holistic Technology Solution
- Leveraging U.S. Healthcare Trends
- About Kian Saneii
Publisher’s Note: We often miss the simplest things, from out-of-control costs in higher education to the same (and its unintended consequences) in healthcare. In this issue, one of my favorite entrepreneurs, Kian Saneii, explains his own understanding of how to reduce costs and increase service value in our oldest U.S. demographic. You think this isn’t important? It represents, from a cost perspective, the most expensive part of our national healthcare outlay. More important, from a more human perspective, this issue revolves around the ability of an aging population to remain at home, in place, rather than move to a devastatingly expensive senior home of one kind or another.
All of us must come to terms with this issue; all of us have parents. And yet, almost nothing has been done to provide integrated services in the home. Please read this, and ask yourself, “How can I help Kian make this an integral part of the U.S. healthcare system?” – mra.