In This Issue
Week of 5/8/2017
Vol. 22 Issue 17
SNS: Special Letter: The Carbon Trifecta
- Despite All Current Clean-Energy Plans, We Will Emit Far Too Much CO2 over the Next 30 Years
- Tragedy of the Commons
- Introducing the Carbon Trifecta™
- The Carbon Future Emerges
- Out of Thin Air
- Converting CO2 to a Carbon-Based Feedstock
- The Unique Properties of Graphene
- Displacing Cement, Steel, and Plastics with Carbon
- Additive Manufacturing: Transforming the Economy
- The Carbon Trifecta: Vision of the Future, Platform for Collaboration
- Carbon Trifecta Outcomes
- You Can Help
- About Andrew Himes
- About Jeff Thiel
Publisher’s Note: SNS members and FiRe participants are aware of the extensive amount of work we have put into, and continue to put into, the SNS Carbon Trifecta (www.carbontrifecta.org). The recent addition of Andrew Himes as director of network orchestration has just intensified our work toward seed funding, additional R&D, and international business cooperation on converting CO2 to graphene and other valuable materials.
With five national laboratories now supporting us in the science behind this initiative, and with new staff members coming on board, we’re starting to see this effort move from ideation to serious planning to reality.
At a time when the Trump administration seems to have literally gone insane on issues involving science, technology, or the environment, I hope that members will find the development of this business-driven solution to global warming to be encouraging, even to the point of joining in. – mra.
Back Issues, 2012 Issues$9.95