In This Issue
Week of 03/05/2018
Vol. 23 Issue 8
What Is a Car? Part II
- The Pinnacle of Manufacturing
- Materials: The Strategic Side of Steel and Aluminum
- Whose Trade War? China Tariffs vs. US Tariffs
- Autonomous Electric Cars: The Perfect Technology Storm
- The Daimler Buy
- Chips and Computing
Quotes of the Week
- The Global Race for Dominance in Autonomous Electric Cars
Part I of this discussion was written in 1997, when most technology executives had not yet pictured the car as a future platform for computing. This week’s discussion will look at cars through a series of new, and more dramatic, lenses.
More recently, in “SNS: Enablers and Vectors: Accelerating Innovation Deployment, Part I” (3/16/17) and “SNS: Enablers and Vectors: Accelerating Innovation Deployment, Part II” (4/19/17), we looked at cars as enablers, as agents of technology development acceleration. This view was based on the huge global market, large installed base, and customer willingness to support innovation on the platform.
All of the above aspects of automotive design and production can now provide the foundation for a deeper, and larger, understanding of the role of cars in the next decade.
Back Issues, 2015 Issues$9.95